The time has come to share the results of my September fitness challenge, and, if I’m being completely honest, I didn’t stick with it the way I hoped I would.
To recap, my original goals were as follows:
- Continue going to my regular gym classes (which include yoga, BodyFlow, and BodyPump). The plan was to attend at least 3 classes each week.
- Incorporate at least 1 day of cardio into my weekly routine.
- Start using MyFitnessPal again to keep track of my workouts and (if I had time to log it) what I was eating.
So how did I do?
- I went to 11 of my regular classes during the 30 days of September. Since I usually have 3-4 classes each week, that means I went to 11 out of 17 that were offered (no classes were held on Labor Day). I didn’t think that sounded too bad until I did the math and realized I only attended 64.7% of my regular fitness classes. That’s not really that great.
- I started off really strong with my cardio goal, walking and/or jogging 3 times during the first week of the month. And then … I think I just sort of let this goal slide. I literally only did cardio 1 additional time during the entire month. I wish I’d tried harder to stick with this because I felt really amazing after each walk/jog.
- Despite the fact that I didn’t achieve my other two goals, I was pretty diligent when it came to using MyFitnessPal. This was actually really good for me since it made me realize I should make some changes to my diet (and the amount of food I eat) if I want to lose weight (and I do). It also made me think a little more before eating snacks or drinking sugary coffee drinks since I actually had to see my available calories for the day take a nosedive. (Let’s be honest, though … It made me think about my decision a little more, but 90% of the time I said, “Fuck it, I want this!” and ate or drank it anyway. I have no self control.)
Overall, my results weren’t completely awful … I just feel like I could have done much better.
The theme for October’s personal challenge is food. I’m still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do, but I have a couple of ideas. I’ll try to make a decision later this evening and share those goals in a quick post tomorrow.